Region 3 Scholarship
Next deadline: 5/15/2019
- All applicants must be currently enrolled in a certified World Tang Soo Do Association Region 3 studio.
- All applicants must be current members, in good standing, of the World Tang Soo Do Association. All WTSDA membership dues must be current.
- All applicants must have completed a minimum of one year of training at a World Tang Soo Do Association registered studio.
- Students may only apply to the Region in which they have completed their most recent year of training.
- The scholarship awards are open to full time students in their senior year of high school, full time students currently attending a college or university, and students pursuing an advanced degree (graduate or doctorate degree).
- All applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- All applicants must submit their most recent official high school or college transcript, no photo copies please.
- All applicants must submit written verification of their SAT or ACT Scores. Graduate students should submit their GRE or LSAT test results.
- All applicants must submit 3 recommendation forms, one from each of the following areas:
- Instructor's recommendation from their WTSDA instructor.
- Academic recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor or advisor.
- Personal recommendation from a non-family member.
Please use the forms provided.
- All applicants must submit a minimum 500-word essay entitled "How Tang Soo Do Has Made a Difference in My Life".
- All applicants must submit a separate letter describing their educational goals.
- All interested parties may request an application packet in writing from the Committee Chair or their studio head. The Chair may be reached at the following address:
Master Lee Mattox 1416 W 4th St Waterloo, IA 50702 e-mail: email@example.com
- All completed applications must be received in a single packet by the designated deadline. Packets must be delivered to the same address as above and must contain written verification of enrollment from the educational institution.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to meet all application requirements. Incomplete applications will be ineligible for consideration.